Alcohol Regulatory and Marketing Law
The firm specialises in Canadian alcohol regulatory and marketing law including:
- interpretation of provincial and federal beer, liquor, wine, and other alcohol licensing and regulatory legislation
- advice on corporate and brand names for breweries and beer products and incorporation of breweries, distilleries, wineries, brewpubs, and similar businesses
- advice on contract brewing or distilling arrangements and preparing the related legal agreements to give effect thereto
- application for alcohol sales and other licenses from Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and the related federal licenses
- advice on liquor, beer, and wine advertising regulation and industry voluntary accords
- beer, spirits, and other alcohol product compositional standards as well as product labelling and marketing advice.
In addition to a deep knowledge of alcohol and liquor licensing laws and regulations in Canada, Gillman Professional Corporation, Barristers & Solicitors, have effective relationships with administrators and government personnel who administer and enforce those laws.
To serve you as an alcohol beverage client, we maintain good working relationships with provincial and federal alcohol regulators. In addition, our detailed knowledge of the brewing, distilling, and wine-making processes and historical understanding of these industries also assists us to work effectively with our clients.
Our clients include breweries, brewpubs, bar-restaurants, and a variety of other retail-level, on-premise license-holders.
Cannabis Regulatory and Marketing Law
In light of our extensive experience and good working relationships with federal and provincial alcohol regulators, we are well-positioned to provide advice in connection with the new federal and provincial cannabis regulatory laws including:
- interpretation of provincial and federal cannabis licensing and regulatory legislation; and
- applications for cannabis sales and other licenses from the federal and provincial regulatory bodies.